Breezway Australia Pty Ltd has been designing and manufacturing louvre windows since 1947. The company has led the resurgence of louvre windows over the last ten years and today is at the forefront of louvre window technology and design, with a constant stream of product improvements flowing from its Brisbane-based R&D Centre.
The inventions have led to today’s high performance, architecturally focussed Altair Louvre Window products that are the ideal choice for maximising the benefits of natural light, fresh air and a sense of space in any contemporary residential or commercial design.
Why Louvre Windows?
Altair Louvres offer a number of advantages over other window types
- With no fixed panes and blades that open almost horizontally in an aluminium window. Altair Louvres open twice as wide as regular windows to maximise ventilation.
- Altair Louvre Windows can be left open in gentle rain.
- The amount of airflow through the window can be precisely controlled.
- Breezes can be directed upwards towards the ceiling.
- When open, Altair Louvre Windows do not project far beyond the surrounding wall so do not impede paths of travel.
- Altair Louvre Windows can be cleaned from the inside of the building (a big advantage in multi-floor buildings).
Today, Breezway is at the forefront of louvre window design and technology. What sets our Altair Louvre apart from the rest?
- Clever and unique patented design
- High quality materials and manufacturing
- Extensive testing in a NATA certified laboratory
- Many years of proven field performance
- Widest range of Product Options
- Made to order in Brisbane to suit your requirements
- Altair Louvre is available with multiple framing systems
- Sold through window and door manufacturers
- Experienced local expertise and support
Why Altair® Louvre Windows?
Altair Louvres offer a number of advantages over other window types including:
- With no fixed panes and blades that open almost horizontally, Altair Louvres open twice as wide as regular windows to maximise ventilation, reducing the need for air conditioning.
- Manufactured from non-corrosive materials to accommodate harsh environmental conditions for long life durability.
- The superior design ensures high wind and water performance and is fully compliant with AS2047 “Windows in Buildings”.
- Modern architectural lines and a wide variety of customising options create aesthetic appeal.
- Can be left open in gentle rain and the amount of airflow through the window can be precisely controlled.
- Automation is available with the award winning Altair Powerlouvre® Window which can be controlled by wall switch, remote or a Building Management System to easily manage airflow and maintain a comfortable environment at any time of day.
- The Stronghold® System provides added strength and safety in multi-storey applications such as commercial buildings or high-rise apartment blocks.
- Wider spans of louvre blades are also available so outdoor views can be enjoyed without any obstructing bar systems.
- Easy to clean from inside the building – a huge advantage for multi-level buildings.
- Can be screened and offer a number of additional security options if required.
- When open, Altair Louvres do not project far beyond the surrounding wall so do not impede paths of travel.
- Warranted up to seven (7) years.
Altair® Louvres can be fitted into a variety of window systems in different configurations.
Breezway Easyscreen™ Window System – For External Screening
The Breezway Easyscreen Surround Frame is a great aluminium framing option for Altair Louvres in your home, resort, government building, social housing, school or any other project where fresh air and energy efficient control of the building environment is important.
It has been specifically designed for use with Altair Louvres which ensures superior wind and water penetration performance and improved aesthetics.
Manufactured exclusively from corrosion resistant materials, it requires no ongoing maintenance other than regular cleaning, making it an ideal option for coastal and tropical environments and drastically reducing lifetime maintenance costs.
Breezway Innoscreen® Window System – For Internal Screening
The Innoscreen Window System now offers an inside screening solution in a hassle-free framing system that complies with AS2047 and can be delivered fully assembled, ready for installation.
It is the ideal framing option for those who want to screen their home but keep that ‘louvre look’ and optimise the external aesthetics of the building.
The Innoscreen Window System is also safer and saves time, as windows above the ground floor are easily screened from inside the building. Makes for safe and simple screen cleaning too!
The Powerlouvre version will be available from May 2014. The manual version with slide handle will be available from August 2014.
Breezway SL2® Window System – For Narrow Fittings
Featuring modern architectural lines, the SL2 Altair Louvre Window System has been developed to suit narrow frame applications and installation into concrete block construction when screening is not required.
Altair® Powerlouvre® Windows
For Remote Control and Automated systems, the Altair® Powerlouvre® Window has been designed to electronically manage cross ventilation and natural airflow.
Energy efficient Altair Powerlouvre Windows by Breezway are a sleek, elegant solution to window automation. Available in heights up to 2.7 metres, the automated award winning Altair Powerlouvre Window can be incorporated into a range of design applications such as high out-of-reach locations or as floor-to-ceiling feature windows.
When fully open, the Powerlouvre allows up to 90% natural ventilation through the entire window opening which helps keep the building at a comfortable temperature at any time of day without the need for artificial cooling systems.
Making window automation easy!
The low voltage Altair Powerlouvre Window has been designed to electronically manage cross ventilation and natural airflow into the home.
Displaying superior aesthetics with no visual indication of any motors or automated device, the Powerlouvre Window is a popular and convenient window option for contemporary residential or commercial building designs.
Complete aluminium window system or in component form
Altair Powerlouvre Windows are available in the aluminium Breezway Easyscreen Window System. Delivered to site fully assembled, the Powerlouvre Window removes the complexity of sourcing special trades to install motors or program the system.
The Powerlouvre Window can also be made available in Component Form to approved Window Fabricators for installation into flat commercial frames or timber frames
How to configure your Powerlouvres
Powerlouvre Windows that are 2-9 blades high contain one motor per bay and are wired such that the entire window opens and closes simultaneously. Powerlouvre Windows that are 10-18 blades high contain two motors per bay; one motor drives the blades in the top bank of the window and the other motor drives the blades in the bottom bank of louvres. Powerlouvre Windows with 10-18 blades are wired such that the bays of louvres in the top bank open and close simultaneously and the louvres in the bottom bank open and close simultaneously.
The Powerlouvre has undergone extensive testing
- Cyclical open/close = 30,000
- Salt mist = 1,000 hours
- Extreme humidity = 90% humidity at 35 degrees celcius
- Extreme heat = 60 degrees
- Extreme cold = 0 degrees
- Electromagnetic compatibility
The Altair Powerlouvre Window can be controlled by a simple wall switch, the Breezway Remote Control System or can be integrated into a sophisticated building automation system.
The device allows blades to be stopped into various positions throughout the duration of the open/close cycle.
For when the power goes out
Please keep in mind that the Powerlouvre Window has no integrated battery backup. If the power supply fails, the window cannot be operated. Therefore, if battery backup is required in areas with unreliable power supply, systems are readily available and can be integrated by qualified suppliers.